Thursday, April 3, 2008

Four Minutes to Save the World...

I would just like to say that my interview was great! I feel so much better about this internships and I feel like it is a great opportunity to go with JFP. They seem to understand that an internship is a learning opportunity and seem more engaged with interns.

I will be one of three (or possibly more) interns working there this summer. I am very very excited about this opportunity.

The office is in Fondren, which I love. The building is next to the Jerusalem Cafe (which might turn out to be a good thing or a BAD thing), Cups, Rainbow Whole Foods, and many other fun places. It's a good place to be.

The editor seems very interested in me and said that I was in a great position in my career to be interning there. She said it was obvious I had wanted to do this for a long time and this would be a good opportunity to become multi-dimensional (which I totally agree).

What I love about the publication is that they have intern workshops to keep everyone focused. The editor also teaches private writing classes and we can attend for free. The classroom is actually in the JFP office and it is very neat. The building has great views of North State St.- you can see the skate park in the backyard of Swell from the classroom (which will probably become the intern office)!

All in all, I am very excited about this summer and getting started. I had definitely been feeling the pangs of sophomore slump. This gives me a renewed sense that I can actually do this.

Hurrah!

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting!! I LOVE that area and am super excited about living so close to Keifers. I know that could seriously be my downfall though. I love Jerusalem and Aladin's!!! MMMMMmmm I get rediculously excited about good food! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...