Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rock the Casbah

Sometimes you just have to rock the casbah.

I love this song for a couple of reasons:
a. It's catchy as ever.
b. It has historical background.

I love songs that have a story involved or about a real person. I guess this has to do with my journalism mind or the fact that I love that the world is so interconnected.

Supposedly, this song is about when rock music was banned in Iran. The song then urges people to "rock the casbah." For those of your who don't know, a casbah is a type of market/bazaar.

I love that. I love that they have meaning (of course, every song has some mean, but I like it when it is concrete).

This is another great example. I love knowing the story of how someone was the muse for a song. I loved this article talking about those women. One of my best friends, Amanda, introduced me to "My Sharona" when I was a senior in high school and I have loved it ever since. It's fun to know who inspired the song.

In other news:
I am in the process of writing my last story of the semester. It's pretty ironic because I had to interview the same guy I interviewed for one of my first stories. It's funny because I was so scared back then about asking questions. I know a lot more now and what is going on. That is a good feeling to have.

As I talked to my best friend, Sital, about that last night she pointed out, "We are going places! Look at us."

Huh.
I guess we are.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you dear! I am in love and kind of obsessed with those shoes! Bryan said he likes them because they're a little bulbous. I would wear them every day if that were applicable.

    BTW... what color lamp would you like? It's being painted today or tomorrow and I can send it home with Jan if you want!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...