Sunday, April 6, 2008

One Moment Away...

This has definitely been an interesting weekend to say the least.

Friday night the storms here and in Jackson were crazy. I keep hearing about how horrible the weather was in Jackson and that there was extensive damage. My friend, Carrie, lives right off of Ridgewood Road and they had a tree go through their home into their attic. They say it could have been a lot worse. My grandparents also had a tree or two fall down. How crazy!

Saturday, my dear friend, Erin, came and visited. Erin (left) is pretty definite that she is coming to USM next year so I showed her around campus and town. I am really excited that she will be here next year.

All of best friends went to separate colleges (Air Force Academy, Ole Miss, Millsaps, Holmes CC) which can get kind of lonely after a while. Not to discredit any of my fabulous friends in Hattiesburg, but it is nice to see my favorite faces now and then. For my own selfish sake, I am glad that one of them will be with me and be able to share in that experience.

Also on Saturday, my mom informed me that a brother of one a guy I went to school with since grade school was killed in a serious car accident. If you live in Jackson, I am sure you have heard of it. If you haven't, click here.

Scott and Ted have the sweetest mom (who still attends our church). They have had a lot of obstacles over the years and this is just crazy to have happened. Ms. Debbie always knows my name and was very sweet when she would come by the Drip to get coffee. Please keep all of them in your prayers.

What strikes me the most is how so many teenagers die around this time of year. Is it just a coincidence? For me it brings back all of those memories with Rachel (below) and Lanie. It is amazing to me that it has been almost three years ago. I am actually doing a photo essay on Rachel for my photojournalism class. Though it is has been an interesting experience, it has been a positive one.
I hope your week begins on a good start tomorrow. This week is going to be crazy!

-Sophie

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's coincidence.
    It's so hard to hear about teenagers being killed in accidents because it also reminds me of that horrible week. Rachel is such a picture of strength and perserverance. You should definately post your story when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...