Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh Canada...

As things come to a close for my Salvation Army SPA (School of Performing Arts) program, I have been having to put together some of my projects for their performance. Today I was putting together the kids' "quilt" that they made. Each kid took a square of paper and decorated it for a class quilt. The kids put this together on Lundi Gras (the Monday before Mardi Gras) when I was in New Orleans. Since I hadn't looked at all of them, I suprised when I read one that said "God Bless Canada."

This struck me as funny because you normally see "God Bless America," not "God Bless Canada." The artwork really made me chuckle.

In other news...
I have an interview with Jackson Free Press! I am very hopeful about this interview and hope it goes well. For those of you who don't know, I was also offered an internship with the MC Journal. We will see what happens!

More later,
S

2 comments:

  1. So you want Jackson Free Press more than the Madison County Journal? I really hope it goes well! Is it face to face or over the phone? Either way you are totally cute and professional and articulate. I think you'll do great!

    oh, and is that red, Canadian starfish being blessed because it is being taken over by the devil's black cloud? I think so.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...