Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Art" We Cool?

Ok, no, we aren't that cool, but we did go to a cool event last night downtown: the premiere party for the Museum of Art's new exhibit about Japanese art. There were so many people! When Erin and I went to Art by Choice at the museum a couple of months ago (I can't believe that was really six months ago!), there weren't nearly this many people.

The food is always so creative and playful. There were cute "pockets" full of edamame. They were probably my favorite of the night.

Of course, there were drinks. My favorite was this - champagne and chambord. It was perfect.

One great perk to a museum is that the decor is always beautiful. I loved the arrangements.

I did get a little sushi, but I was a little afraid of getting sick from eating sushi that had been sitting out, so I only had a few pieces.

Notice the chopsticks. As part of the promotion for the exhibit, the museum was giving away these chopsticks with a $2 off admission coupon on the back of the wrapper which I thought was such a great idea.

We also perused the gift shop, where there were far less people. I have been wanting this print by Glenray Tudor for such a long time. It's my favorite piece of arwork.

Of course I had to go visit the real thing in the museum while we were there. Erin rolled her eyes and said, "Oh my god, that picture again." She knows the deal.

Now I can add it to the collection. I've already got the magnet on the fridge!
Can't wait to enjoy the long President's Day weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...