Thursday, February 17, 2011

Egg-cellent!

I love eggs. You can do so much with them!

Just a whisk and you've got scrambled, omelet, quiche, and more.

I had 5 eggs that really needed to be used, so it quickly became an egg night. I've done quiche a few times lately, so that was out of the question. I finally decided to do my version of a frittata, minus the oven. I only wish I had had spinach on hand.

No-Oven Frittata
5 eggs
Splash of almond milk (or other milk product)
4 slices of deli meat (I used turkey)
2 oz grated cheese

Crack eggs and whisk together with milk. Heat skillet and spray with spray (canola) oil. First, break up meat in to small pieces and stir around for a few seconds to cook slightly. Pour eggs over meat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. As the eggs cook, pull up the sides to let liquid portion seep under the cooked part. Once frittata is loose from the bottom (shake pan and if the egg slides around), flip it. Once loose again, transfer to a plate and top with cheese. Serve with toast or salad.

So good with a slice of Great Harvest Dakota bread!

Yesterday was so pretty (I happened to snap this picture yesterday), but today is foggy and cloudy. I'm ready for some SUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...