Sunday, February 6, 2011

Grand Tour II

I can definitely say that I am affected by sunlight and I can never get enough of it. The windows are one of my favorite features of the house and I always love waking up to seeing the sun filtering through the front blinds when I wake up in the morning. It's these small things that I'm trying to notice and appreciate this year.

Looking out the blinds...

Sunny and frosty!

This is the point where Kitty looks at me like I'm crazy because that's what she is supposed to be doing, not me.

While I was making my morning coffee (As I used to say as a little kid. I guess because my dad also drank coffee in the afternoon? Who knows) I realized how much the house has changed and really become a home since I first gave you a grand tour. So, I decided to go back and do a few photos for you guys to see how things have shaped up at our house since we've been in it 5 months!

I debated whether or not to put in this photo because I'm already a righteous cat lady, but I always love when an animal pops up in the Sneak Peaks on Design*Sponge's site, so I kept it in there.

My bedroom. I rotated the bed to the other wall and it feels so much better in there now. Better chi? Maybe.

Other side of the bedroom. I got myself a small TV, which I really enjoy in the mornings getting ready for work. I had used a painted TV tray, but the vintage desk was getting no use, so I decided to move it and use it instead.

More cookbooks and novels added and I finally found a cool, retro clock at a thrift store that I love.

Hallway with the new rug and I finally hung my favorite mirror somewhere in the house.

I love this mirror so much, but I never knew where to put it. One day I decided to just put it up and I've enjoyed having it there.

Living room. I got that bench by the window from my grandparents' house and I love having it there. Kitty also loves it!


The Sears and Roebuck chest moved out of the way to be a end table

And we finally got some things on the wall in the dining room

This tablecloth is one of my favorite things in the world. I love the deep rust color and pattern. I found it in the very back of one of my grandmother's closets and I know it doesn't look anything like something that I could find in stores these days, which I love.

These clipboards have been everywhere with me. I got the idea from a friend of mine years ago at JFP and they keep popping back up (see this post where they were in the Hattiesburg house).

Kitchen hasn't changed much

Except, I love this fish plate that Erin gave me for Christmas. I wanted this plate really bad at the Handworks Arts and Crafts Festival we went too, but I didn't think anything of it. While I was at another booth purchasing something, she snuck back and bought it for me.

My love, the stove.

Still the corner I don't know what to do with, but it's functional.
I did, however, clean up the inside where we do our bills, etc. I love using my Ball jar collection, so I added some white lima beans for some depth and added our pen assortment, which had just been lying around.

Hope you liked the tour!

6 comments:

  1. Sophie, that house is adorable! You've done a great job decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the roller secretary desk Maggie's? When she is tired of it, tell her I want to buy it from her.
    Also, did you get your book/nightstand at Ikea? I need one of those for "my office." You know what...I think your house is beautiful. I know you wanna re-work it, but honestly, you have done really great work in there. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot to tell you...I LOVE that new rug! So cute and fits perfectly in the space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I got my nightstand at Orange Peel. It's a vintage piece that I have the matching phone stand to. The bottom is actually to store old vinyl records.

    And, yes, the roll top is Maggie's! I think it's a family piece, but if she ever wants to sell it, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tablecloth actually came from Japan and I would bet is hand block printed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Your kitty is so adorable!! :)
    2. I love, love, love that painting over your sofa.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...