Monday, February 21, 2011

Fun Day Off

This was such a fun and relaxed day off. While I did wake up when I heard Kitty wailing to get into my room at 6:30 this morning, I took it slow and actually laid in my bed watching TV until almost noon! I think I've only done that a handful of times in my life. Blame that addictive HGTV.

It wasn't all laying around, I did make cinnamon rolls this morning. Ok, my breakfast choice my have been heavily influenced by the fact that I wanted to use my new Goodwill find: these gorgeous plates. I got a set of 4 for $3. Looks like something from Anthropologie (and may actually be)!

This weather got me in the mood for some frozen yogurt. They've popped up everywhere and Berry Berry Good is probably one of the only ones I haven't been too until today. It's in the most interesting location in a boulevard tucked between a strip of stores. Really cool.

Even better? They had pineapple yogurt. Oh my, it was divine.

With a little bit of chewy granola and cranberries. I'm still thinking about it.

The weather has also got me wanting to plant, plant, plant. I hopped across the street to Lowe's to look at their nursery. Not much there yet except for seeds, but I did get a new indoor plant. Ever since I got the plant in our living room from work, I've loved having indoor plants. I've always heard about plants improving mood, but they really do lift my spirits.

Because I couldn't stand to wait, I found some seed kits for herbs, which I really miss having around. At my parents' house and in Hattiesburg, I always had at least chives year round and I miss being able to go snip a few in the back yard.

So, I got started on my own...

Wet and loosen the dirt, repack, sow the seeds, put in the sun...

I also did a quick run through Ross where I saw the peacock sheets I had been wanting. While I was looking at all the sheets, an employee came by scanning all the items to see if it was time to reduce the price on any. She scanned the peacock sheets and guess what???

Yep, a clearance sticker printed out. I was beyond excited. Waiting 30 seconds to save $4? I'll take it.

I can't believe that I have work tomorrow. After having such a nice day, it'll be hard to get back to the routine.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day! I was off today too, but you were much more productive than me.

    And I've never been to Ross, but from looking at your post on it, I suppose I should change that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...