Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow Baby!

Brrrrr... maybe it's just me, or the fact that the past four winters I spent most of my time in southern Mississippi, but it's been a lot colder this year than any other winter we've had recently. The other day, it hurt to walk down the sidewalk downtown. There was no one on the street.

For days, we've been hearing about how we were actually going to get snow in the upwards of 2-3 inches. While I've learned to become wary of these fluffy white conditions, I still reserved a little bit of hope for the white stuff. Yesterday afternoon, I began to actually see snow! Thing was, it was still above freezing (around 34 degrees) so it wasn't sticking that well.

While other parts of the state got a good dose of snow, we only got a dusting...



I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, but a little relieved. I love a snow day as much as the next person, but this cat and mouse game with bad weather and a closed office have gotten me worn out. I want my spring back!

I can't wait for open windows, green smoothies, iced lattes, and overnight oats to make a comeback.

2 comments:

  1. or Snow big deal! Thanks a lot Sophie...I burned my toast because I got so engrossed in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I meant amy as in mom . right?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...