Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oats in a Jar

This is one of those mornings where I couldn't wait to get out of bed, but I wanted to try to sleep in at the same time. By "sleep in," I mean "I hoped I could sleep past 7 a.m." I am so deep into my work schedule, I can never sleep much past my week day alarm time of 6:40, so being able to sleep any past that is great. It also doesn't help that Kitty knows my schedule and if I'm not up by the scheduled time on the weekends to fill her food bowl, she runs across my head and tries to mess up the blinds to get me up.

All that to say, I woke up around 7:15 ready to tackle the day because I was having Oats in a Jar for breakfast (Taken from Kath Eats)!

1/2 cup of quick oats
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 banana mashed up

Combine all in bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once (I know a ton of people are rolling their eyes at microwaving oatmeal, but I like it that way and it's way faster). Transfer to nearly empty nut butter jar (mine had less than a tablespoon of actual almond butter left). Top with other 1/2 of banana.
I promise oatmeal it under there!

So, so good.

It feels like Sunday, but it's only Saturday! Can't wait to enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...