Thursday, February 24, 2011

CVS - February 24, 2011

Phewwwww. It's been one of those days, you know? Kind of glad it's over. I just got off a 45 minute call to Comcast to fix this new guide on our cable box. I hate the way it looks!

I made a quick trip to CVS on my lunch break because I needed to pick up some eye drops my doctor had recommended and they were coincidentally on sale this week. I was also so embarrasing-ly out of mascara. Like.... whoa.

Systane Eye Drops, $2/1 coupon
Covergirl Mascara
Orbit gum

-$4 off $20 purchase, CVS e-mail coupon
Total Value: $29.18
Total Spent: $16.17
Total Saved: $13.01 (45%)

Received $5 Extra Care Bucks to use next time.

I also had some shampoo samples in the mail. That was a fun surprise!

I was actually pretty excited about the Extra Care Bucks because there are going to be some good deals starting Sunday. I normally don't talk about my trips before I go, but I thought I'd give you guys a sneak peek at my possible transaction scenarios for CVS this Sunday:

Transaction 1:
Revitalens Multipurpose Solution: $5.99
-Use $5 ECB
Total due: $.99

Get back $5.99 ECB.

Transaction 2:
(2) Kashi TLC bars: $3 ea.
(1) Swiffer dry cloths: $3.99
-(2) $2/1 Kashi coupons
-(1) $.50/1 Swiffer coupon
-Use $5.99 ECB
Total due: nothing

Get back $2 ECB.

Hoping this all works out!

2 comments:

  1. It's always good to save a few bucks? What i wrong with your guide? Maybe I can help. I work for Comcast. Feel free to contact me if you still need help.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, got it fixed. When our local Comcast switched to the new guide yesterday, the screen ratio changed on the guide (not the actual channels), so that guide was really large and half of the screen was cut off. We finally got it fixed, but now every time I want to watch a DVD, we're going to have to change the ratio from full screen back to widescreen. It was definitely interesting...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...