Saturday, April 2, 2011

Papaw

To say that this week was the most tiring, sad, but wonderful week would be an understatement. 


Tuesday morning, my Papaw passed away. For any family death is hard. For a family like mine, we lost a patriarch in a big, close family. There aren't enough words to describe how sad, but wonderful the funeral was. To me, the most ironic thing was much Papaw would have loved to be there with everyone. It was such a blessing to see so many people there (I mean, hundreds).

So, in honor of Papaw, check out a few of my posts about him: here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Read his obituary (which he wrote in 1989 and I revised/updated) here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sophie, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...